Monday, December 22, 2008

Homemade Swiffer Juice

I love Swiffer! I think they are the greatest inventors ever! Well almost ever. The phone and the light bulb are pretty awesome!

I own almost every Swiffer gadget they make. There might be a couple that I don't own and that is only because I don't know about them or I can't think of them at this moment. The downside of swiffer is that you must buy refills for the products. That's money down the drain. So I have been trying to find a way to save money on my Swiffer WetJet. I determined the best way to saw money was to refill my Wetjet bottle.

I removed the lid by running it under hot water then using a gripper to twist the cap off.

The cleaning fluid was a mixture of vinegar, baking soda, and water. I haven't worked out the exact measurements. It was approximately 1 cup of vinegar to 1 quart of water and a tablespoon of baking soda.

It cleaned rather well but required more arm muscle than normal. The downside is that you must mix up a fresh batch with each cleaning. That is fine for planned moppings but unplanned messes as is typical with infants and toddlers need an immediate fix. There is not always time to mix up a cleaner before tackling the spill.

Thus, I am still working on it. I am also working on a cheaper replacement for the pads. Got some ideas? Tried a homemade cleaner solution? Leave a comment or send me an email, and I will give it a try!

No comments: