Monday, December 8, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to Felini de la Rosa. I am a stay-at-home mom who loves to try new things. I love new recipes, cleaning gadgets, books, and anything to keep the mundane from becoming mundane.

I also love to share these fabulous finds with others but as a stay-at-home mom there is typically no one around to immediately share my new find. So, alas, I have joined the blogging world to share.

While my favorite things to share are money-saving ideas. I started couponing three years ago and except for a brief hiatus after the birth of my son, haven't looked back. But, there are tons of coupon blogs out there. I'll share with you all the little ways that I find to save money.

Cooking is another hobby. I love trying new recipes. When learning to cook, I compiled a binder of recipes from the internet. My husband and I tried a new recipe everyday for months. Now, I consider myself to be an intermediate cook and still try new recipes every week.

And then there is salvaging...not a typical item listed under the title of "Going Green." When I say salvage, I mean something that was bound for the garbage and given a new purpose. When I was growing up, this was a general practice at my house. Out of sheer necessity, we recycled and reused everything to save a buck. That's the same idea here.

Like every other family, we have to find time somewhere to keep the house clean. Not an easy task with a new little one. But, I am a gadget person! If there is a new cleaning gadget, I add it to my shopping list. I can't wait to try anything that will make my job a little easier because who wants to spend the day scrubbing bathrooms when you can be gardening.

So join me as we chat about different ways to save some money and make our lives a little easier in the long run.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Welcome to the blogging world, Cynda! Now if only I can get you hooked on reading challenges :)